Terms of Service & delivery terms
§ 1 BASIC PROVISIONS
1) The following terms and conditions apply to contracts concluded via htttp: //www.lubai.de. Unless otherwise agreed, conditions used by you are contradicted.
2) A consumer within the meaning of this regulation is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction with private concerns. An entrepreneur is any natural or legal person who, when concluding the legal transaction, acts in the interests of their professional or commercial interests.
§ 2 FORMATION OF THE CONTRACT
1) The subject of the contract is the sale of goods.
2) With the provision of a product in our shop, we make our customers a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract.
3) All products intended for purchase are placed in the "shopping cart" by the customer. After entering the personal data and payment information, the customer has the opportunity to check all the information entered. By sending the order by clicking on the button provided, the customer declares his acceptance of the offer in a legally binding manner. The purchase contract was thus concluded. With the payment option via payment service providers such as PayPal or Sofortüberweisung, the customer is redirected from our online shop to the provider's website. After entering all the necessary data, the customer will be directed back to our shop.
4) The transmission of all information in connection with the conclusion of the contract takes place automatically by e-mail. The customer must therefore ensure that the e-mail address stored with us can be reached.
§ 3 RETENTION OF TITLE AND RIGHT OF RETENTION
1) A right of retention can only be exercised by the customer if it is not a claim from the same contractual relationship.
2) The goods remain the property of the shop operator until the purchase price has been paid in full.
§ 4 LIABILITY PROVISIONS
1) We are fully liable for damage to body or health, as well as in cases of willful intent and gross negligence. Furthermore, in the case of fraudulent concealment of a defect and in all other legally regulated cases. The liability for defects within the scope of the statutory warranty can be found in the corresponding regulation in our customer information.
2) If essential contractual obligations are not fulfilled, the liability of the online shop in the case of slight negligence is limited to the foreseeable, contract-typical damage.
3) In the event of a breach of insignificant obligations arising from the contract, liability for slightly negligent breaches of duty is excluded.
4) There is no liability for the constant availability of this website and the goods offered on it.
§ 5 CHOICE OF LAW
1) German law applies. The provisions of the UN sales law expressly do not apply.
§ 6 DISPUTE PARTICIPATION
1) The European Commission provides a platform for out-of-court online dispute resolution (OS platform), which can be accessed at
§ 7 CONTRACT LANGUAGE AND STORAGE
1) The contract language is German.
2) We do not save the full text of the contract. Customers can save this electronically before submitting the order using the browser's print function.
§ 8 PRICES & PAYMENT METHODS / FEATURES OF THE GOODS
1) The prices shown as well as the shipping costs represent gross prices.
2) Shipping costs are not included in the purchase price. They are explicitly marked or are shown separately in the course of the ordering process and are to be borne by the customer in addition, unless free delivery has been promised.
3) The available payment methods are shown on our website or in the respective item description, but at the latest in the final ordering process at the "checkout". Unless otherwise stated, the payment claims from the contract are due for payment immediately.
4) The essential characteristics of the goods and / or services can be found in the item description and the additional information on our website.
§ 9 DELIVERY CONDITIONS
1) Delivery conditions, delivery times and any existing restrictions on delivery can be found under the corresponding link in our online shop or in the respective item description.
2) For consumers, the risk of accidental loss or deterioration of the goods sold during shipment only passes when the goods are handed over to the customer. The regulation applies regardless of whether the shipment is insured or uninsured.
§ 10 STATUTORY RIGHTS OF LIABILITY
1) The statutory warranty rights exist.
2) Consumers are asked to check the goods for completeness, obvious defects and transport damage upon delivery and to inform the shop operator as soon as possible. If the customer does not comply with this, this has no effect on his statutory warranty claims.
Source: These terms and conditions and customer information for online shops were created using the template from Website-Tutor.com.